--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Brigante" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Well, coming in handy after the Kaplans' split with TM-ville, there
> might now be a very rich donor to the TM movement who can support a
> lot of these extravagant plans and a lot of handouts to TM teachers:
> Nat Goldhaber, vice-presidential candidate for the Natural Law Party
> in 2000, owns a large block of Ask Jeeves stock
> http://excite.brand.edgar-online.com/PeopleFilingResults.aspx?
> PersonID=2585872 , which was just sold for $2 billion:
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/21/business/21deal.html

I though Nat sold most of Ask Jeeves at its peak in late 1999 or
2000, before it crashed to next to nothing: it was less than $1 in Oct
2001 as well as many months in 2002.

By selling it befoe it crashed, he had some bucks. If he had held onto
it, it would have been next to worthless for the past 3-4 years. I
assume that his current holdings are small -- that he held on to just
a bit for "old times sake". Is my understanding incorrect?

I dont have access to the actual filings on your link. Do you? Do you
have evidence that Nat's current holdings of AJ are substantial? How
many shares?

Currently ASKJ is 27.8 up from 24 on Friday. A small jump given the
acquisition news.