On Mar 25, 2005, at 10:09 AM, markmeredith2002 wrote:

> One thing about his vision of a new species:  as I understand it, he
> was to lead the way in making the physical transition to this new
> species, but in the end I believe Aurobindo considered that he had not
> succeeded in doing this on the physical level.  I think bringing
> sublime inner experiences of consciousness into the physical and into
> society or collective consciousness is extremely difficult and even
> spiritual greats are surprised at the difficulties they have in doing
> this.

It was actually his companion, The Mother, who really delved into the
mechanisms behind this. She claimed that instead of going out through
the crown (as Aurobindo did), you needed to look at the junction point
between matter/mater and consciousness. He diaries on this are quite
interesting.

  _The Mind of the Cells_ by Satprem is a nice synopsis. I believe it is
now online for free.