--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "easyone200" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > I'm not. What is present as TM (etc.) is Neo-Vedic Hinduism. I
> > would be
> > > lying if I told you any different.
> > >

> > Why did you so easily spread the lie that TM is illegal to be
taught
> > in public schools? It has been taught in public schools for over
> > decade. It is legal, and it always will be legal (of course the
> > fundie redneck christians will never let it be widespread.)

> > It is
> > >
> > > While I think it is a good idea to teach meditation, I'm not
sure
> > > teaching TM will always be around in our school systems. Number
> > one, I
> > > don't have the siddhi of viewing time at the quantum level.
Number
> > two,
> > > eventually people will realize that this is a violation of
church
> > and
> > > state. >>.
> >

> > No it is not. It does not require any belief, or giving up other
> > religions. Which almost ALL other religions require. This is US
law
> > and has been verified at the supreme court level. There is no way
> > that this law will change unless Bush succeeds in his fundie
crusade
> > to become the saviour of us all. Which he won't. Bush has already
> > crossed the line with his faith based initiatives, the courts
will
> > never support  an action against such a well scientifically
> > documented technique as TM which does not require belief, or
giving
> > up your religion in any way.
>
> It can be taught but not with public funds.

******

TM is being taught with public funds at the charter schools in Mich
and MD (and it ain't cheap, $625/yr per student -- see
http://geocities.com/bbrigante/updates.html#public ) -- but if
somebody with legal standing were to file a lawsuit protesting the
use of public funds for TM in these schools, it's very unlikely the
TMO would prevail in court. The reason why nobody is making a fuss so
far is that these are charter schools, where parents choose to send
their kids, so nobody's kids have to be there unless they want them
to.