--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > In a message dated 3/26/05 6:20:24 P.M. Central Standard Time,
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> >
> > . The
> > Supreme Court upheld the initial decision in a 1979 ruling.
After
> > several years of steady growth, this same time frame marks the
> > beginning of a decline in the number of new initiates to the
> meditation
> > program.
> >

> Two things that make people here hopping mad:
> 1. A non-meditating judge in Missouri is sentancing offenders to
TM.
> 2. TM is legally taught as a general school policy in some public
> schools with great success, and with public funds.

I'm definitely on the side of kids' learning TM, but because their
meditating parents got them to start, not because they had to as a
school assignment, which I don't see working as a strategy in the U.S.

Nevertheless, if the two charter schools do survive, it will be good
for the TM movement, and for the kids involved. However, many charter
schools are having problems, and they can disappear in a hurry:

http://www.tft250.org/Ohio's_charter_schools.html