--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rory Goff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Peter Sutphen wrote:
> > > Just like MMY's darshan would profoundly shift my
> > > consciousness, Punditji's does the same thing.
>
> akasha_108 wrote:
> > Well even though Dr Pete seems to have left the room, or his mind
> body
> > perhaps has been inhabited by aliens of the dark-side persuasion,
> his
> > message must still live on:
> >
> >     "You are making a fundamental mistake, A hige epistemological
> > mistake. Pure Consciousness does not shift. Consciousness identifed
> > with the mind, creating a false sense of ego, shifts all the time.
> But
> > this is not Consciousness reflecting its true nature. It is
> ignorance.
> >
> >      Consciousness experienceing Consciousness, just IS. To claim
> no
> > individuality, and to just be Consciousness, and then to speak of
> > Consciousness shifting is absurd and indicates a lack of real
> > experience. You are using waking state dharma to talk about the
> domain
> > of Consciousness. Consciousness has its own domain, its own dharma.
> > Don't confuse the two or you will be trapped in an utter maze of
> > eternal ignorance."
> >
> > Channeling the former, real, no-self, Dr. Pete
> >
> > :)
>
> Rory writes:
> You are (as always) doing an excellent job at taking ("2-D") conic-
> sections or slides or snapshots of the various contradictory or
> paradoxical aspects of ("3-D") conic Brahman, akasha; many thanks!
>
> Brahman is the unchanging ever-shifting emptiful No-Self/Self/Other
> Absolute/Relative. It embraces all of time-space. It embraces (all
> of) the individual mind(s). The individual mind or Ahamkara
> cannot "get" Peter-Brahman,

Well, Peter is not claiming Brahman, so you have taken my comments as
a jumping off point for your own tangents, not to address what was
written.

Peter is claiming a dualistic turiya CC type experience. My jokish
parody was imitating Peter's almost infinitely repeated discourse on
how Consciousness has nothing to do with relative qualtities. It
stemmed from Peter's comment about a shift in Consciousness. I "get"
what he means, I was poking fun at Peter's sometimes absolutist and
seemingly a bit harsh criticism of others when they use a bit of
poetic license in descriptions of Consciousness in turiya type state.