--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Brigante" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "lupidus108" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Just a question to you fellows.
> >
> > Since many of you are Initiators, and since most of you are not
> Rajas -
> > how do you react to the probable fact that all the rest of us who are
> > not going to be fulltime are in effect sacked ?
> >

> *********
>
> I'm not an initiator, having only completed phase I of TM teacher
> training, but on the basis of my 37 years of TM practice, I see this
> latest announcement as just another unworkable plan that will be
> chucked after a few months (not that it makes a lot of difference
> anyway, given the low initiation rate in the U.S.).
>
> When MMY said at a press conference a couple years ago that he did not
> mind if renegade TM teachers taught outside the TM bureaucracy as long
> as they did it in the prescribed way, it created a problem for the TM
> movement: how to deal with people who have been taught authentic TM,
> but whose starting was not accepted by the TM bureaucracy for purposes
> of checking or attending courses, etc? This announcement that only re-
> certified teachers can teach is an attempt to re-gain control over the
> brand, but it won't work, because there is not enough revenue to
> support full-time teachers, and because there will only be a few full-
> time teachers, doing checking of meditation for people who live outside
> of the few cities where the full-time teachers are will be a logistical
> nightmare, and so on...
>
> I predict a life-span of about 3 months for this pronouncement -- maybe
> it will disappear in July when the Sat Yuga starts!!

Or it creates an opening and clear distiction for teachers taching old
school TM and those that are certified to teach the NEW TM.

If the the current oganizaton, having its roots in SIMS, IMS, SRM,
WPEC, etc  are fully dissolved,  then forms and agreements about
teaching may disolve also.

It seems MMY is rebranding TM, heck it may even be called something
new: e,g,, SYET -- Sat Yuga Enlightnement Technology.  If such a
demarcation were to unfold, then here would be little confusion about
those teaching 70's style TM -- particularly if they are clear that
they, while trained by MMY, and are teaching exactly what they were
taught, are not part of any current MMY organization.

And Old School teachers could makeit clear to students that if they
want the current teaching they shuold go to the local peace palace.
And Peace palaces might even refer people to old TM teachers who teach
at $100 / initiate. That is, g\they might say, "if you can't afford,
or dont want the best, you can do old technology, like driving a 1970
VW, it is up to you."  A multipe product branding stragey to address
the needs of multiple market segments, is a long used and effective
marketing strategy.

Akasha -- MBA