--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter Sutphen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Too bad that it's more of the same. Does John consider
> what will happen if they raise the funds to complete
> the buildings and the pundits still don't get their
> visas? This very possible problem needs to be
> addressed. The potential to destroy any remaining
> goodwill is so great.
> -Peter

**************

Another funny thing has happened with the numbers involved in the VC
pundit project. Originally, it was said that the whole project,
including support for the pundits for two years (at which time the
farm was supposed to be providing all necessary revenue for pundit
support) was ~$4.3 million, which would mean that the ~$2.2 already
given by donors (not just pledges, actual cash in hand) was enough to
have paid for nearly all of the construction costs of the pundit
facility, and since the pundits are not here, there is no need for
support money or the $250K for plane fare.

Now (see press release below) Wynne is saying that construction alone
will cost $4.5 mil, and they need $500K right away for the kitchen.
But in the photo array of the pundit park, one of the photos shows a
complete kitchen facility:

http://vedicscholars.globalcountryofworldpeace.org/10.html

and a larger kitchen next to the dining hall, both of which have
already been built, evidently:

http://vedicscholars.globalcountryofworldpeace.org/05.html

It's not absolutely impossible that the TMO will be able to cobble
together a group of 500 visa-eligible pundits out of the 300K said to
be in training in India, but they would probably have to try to
recruit from the Indian middle-class (which is where most of MUM's
regular college students are from) instead of the poor and visa-
ineligible families who are the source of nearly all the current TMO
pundit youths in India. And I don't see a lot of middle-class
families being crazy about sending their kids to be poor pundits --
maybe MUM will try a hybrid deal where the middle-class kids agree to
come to VC for a combo of Vedic pundit training and academic work at
MUM?