--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter Sutphen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- jyouells2000 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
> > "lurkernomore20002000"
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
> > "jyouells2000"
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > Who is Fred?
> > >

> > Fred is a retired Air Force Major from SAC who was
> > injured by a car
> > bomb in Quebec around 1968 or so. Been meditating
> > since 1971 just
> > missed TTC after a runaround. Spends a lot of time
> > with the meditating
> > Trappists in GA and took SCI with MMY and Dr Pete in
> > Canada in about
> > 1972. A real character and a good friend. He'll be
> > joining us here in
> > a few months if I can get him to turn on his new
> > computer.
> > ------------------------
> >

> > > some interesting run ins with the
> > broke...). A local
> > history.
> > >
> > > Don't mean to be nosy, but would you care to share
> > what exactly
> > > happened?
> > >
> > > lurk
> >

> > Let's see if I can recall what happened, Lurk.
> >
> >  In Oct of 1977 I went to the first siddhi's course
> > this side of the
> > Atlantic at MIU (with the faculty, although I
> > wasn't). It was supposed
> > to be 2 or 3 months (can't remember) come home for a
> > while then go
> > back for another month to learn flying.

<<snip>>

> > "I'll initiate 2 more, meet my commitmant and take
> > the cash." They
> > were surprised.  I did initiate 2 more, and asked
> > for the cash
> > (otherwise with the ATR credit cancelled I would
> > have lost it all). I
> > asked for the cash (about $1650 or so) - they hemmed
> > and haawed. Nine
> > months latter I mentioned the word 'lawyer' in a
> > letter. They took it
> > seriously, and sent the cash. Then National
> > proceeded to refuse me
> > admittance to a residence course even though I was
> > teaching regularly.
> > (Sending about 20 or so to siddhi's and 4 or more to
> > TTC.) I was
> > still running a center in those days mostly on my
> > own cash.
> >
> >   They were spiteful about it too. They would take
> > my recommendees no
> > problem, but when I went to get an advanced
> > technique with about 300
> > others (including people that I had taught and
> > recommended), I waited
> > all day. They told me that they could not verify
> > that I was a
> > meditator! Just then my intiator walks in, and I
> > ended up being
> > instructed last!  It was a valuable lesson ;)
> >
> >   After a while they would call and pitch courses. I
> > said that I
> > wanted to be prequlified in writing no more funnny
> > business. And for
> > the few remaining courses that I went on - that
> > worked. They did keep
> > taking people from my area on courses and TTC etc,
> > no problem.
> >

> > I did keep teaching here and there and there until 5
> > or 8 years ago or
> > so always do enjoy that... Guess I'm an 'official'
> > renegade now....
> >
> > Thats the story and I'm sticking to it ;)
> >

> > JohnY
>
> Stupid ass wipe mother fuckers.
>
> -Peter (all is Self)

That states it more sussinctly (sp?)!! And better too!
  I learned later that it was the word 'lawyer' that did it. :)
Don't get me wrong - even though it caused me grief at the time, it
certainly helped wake me up.
  It leaves a little sadness - the original World Plan was IMO the
most compassionate and practical plan of all. It had the greatest
chance of success in the long run.... Maharishi well ... I love him,
but I wouldn't buy a car from him ....

JohnY