wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Brigante"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, m2smart4u2000
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > > SNIP>
> > > Yeah I thought the whole point was that he came back from the
dead,
> > > or more specifically, ascended, so why keep him "in death", so
> > > weird. They always want to say how "Christ died for our sins" ,
> > > mean get over it, he ain't suffering now.The whole point of
dying
> > > seems lost... ie resurection, eternal life. That should be the
> > > focus: ascension & eternal life
> >
> > ************
> >
> > Maharishi has always rejected the notion of any suffering on the
part
> > of Jesus: "It's a pity that Christ is talked of in terms of
suffering…
> > those who count upon the suffering, it is a wrong interpretation
of the
> > life of Christ and the message of Christ…How could suffering be
> > associated with the One who has been all joy, all bliss, who
claims all
> > that? It's only the misunderstanding of the life of Christ."
> >
> > Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, Meditations of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, pp.
123-124

> The same little book that sings the glories of the caste system and
> its inherent discrimnation and exploitation.

There is an inherent "caste" system in the human population: some
people are real smart, some people are real dumb, most fall in the
middle portions of the bell curve (and the classic bell curve is the
distribution of intelligence among humans). So there is an
obvious "caste" in human life, and the fact that traditional Vedic
culture acknowledges it, while democratic countries are proud of the
fact that "anybody can become President" (even a degenerate moron
like Dumbya), does not mean that the caste system, properly
understood and lived is a means of "discrimination and exploitation" -
- it may be discrimination (which is, after all, what intellect is
all about), but it is not exploitative, but allows the fastest
possible progress in human life and the greatest good for all. I am
aware of all the abuses attributed to the current caste system in
India, but that is a function of the low level of consciousness lived
there now, and does not intrinsically discredit the caste system.