"Ethics is an ever-changing series of personal decisions based on a
seemingly infinite mixture of, (but certainly not limited to),
conscience, internalized beliefs,  religious affiliation, genetics,
family values, peer influence, culture, gender, conformity,
groupthink, personal prejudice, autonomy, period of time,
friendships and intimate relationships. Ethics at its climax is a
person who is trying to be superlative. Ethics at its worst is
ignorance and an excuse to behave badly. In closing, ethics is, at
all times, amorphous, impalpable and subjective."

Jamie

http://www.apatheticagnostic.com/articles/reflections/ref01/ref016.ht
ml