Raj, someone who knows the true essence of sacred scriptures
rejoices when hearing other fellowman are (or think to be)
experimenting higher levels of consciousness.
To know scriptures is not important, to have a positive outlook on
life is.
As for you quoting Kaplan, `it takes one to know one'-- to recognise
another man experiences of higher state of consciousness takes
someone who also has had them as well.

By the way, Peter Klutz, great and inspiring story.