On Apr 2, 2005, at 4:44 PM, off_world_beings wrote:

> It seems to be very common.
> There are a couple of them on this board, a bunch of the them in
> Fairfield, and then there's Chopra, Shankar, a couple of long term
> purusha guys in France who started their own New Age movement.
> There must be a ton of them.
> Most of them seem to emphasize moodmaking. I came across a recording
> of Chopra that is sold on the internet teaching a form of meditation
> about breathing. It was very moodmaking and superficial sounding to
> me, but I suppose maybe someone who needed some sense of peace and
> belonging might feel better because of it.
>
> I noticed when I was in the TM movement the governers tended to be
> very pretentious and arrogant. They are less so now. But many of
> them that have left the TM movement have carried that egotistical
> need to be a 'Guru' and tell everyone what the truth is.

Wow, I found myself agreeing with you up to the next couple of
sentences <eerie music>. I don't know that I'd call it merely
moodmaking, I'd call it ego-display--which is really much worse--and
amusing to watch in a sad kind of way.

>  Vaj is
> trying to start his own movement for example and is trying to get
> followers right here on these boards. It is subtle, he may not even
> be aware he is doing it, and some here are taken in by it, but it is
> obvious it is his desire.

No, I'm sorry to disappoint you, I am not looking for more students.