--- Bob Brigante <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > --- Bob Brigante <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick
> Archer
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> that
> > > CC will be mistaken

> Gita,
> > > Ch. 4, vs.. 41,
> > > referring to
> direct
> > > experience of
> > > eternal
> > > fear."
> > >
> > > **********
> > >
> > > This quote refers to the onset of witnessing
> > > generated by transcending
> > > during TM, not its stabilization in CC. The
> > > possibility of
> > > misunderstanding and being afraid of witnessing
> is
> > > why it is talked
> > > about in advanced TM lectures, but when CC is
> > > gained, one's self is
> > > permanently unshaken by whatever it witnesses in
> the
> > > phenomenal world.
> >

> > The transition from the mental habits of the mind
> in
> > waking state to the mental habits in CC can be
> very
> > uncomfortable. Much fear can be experienced as the
> > mind seeks for a self that no longer exists. In
> waking
> > state the mind seeks and experiences the ego every
> few
> > seconds. It's actually pretty strange, this
> > ego-referral movement, and only noticed in CC.
> This is
> > a mental habit that needs to be pointed out and
> > dropped for many people.
> > -Peter
>
> ******************
>
> This is such a thorough misunderstanding of what
> Cosmic Consciousness
> is -- you seem to have crafted a definition that
> would allow you to
> see yourself as enlightened (and that's OK, the
> Global Country has
> not crowned me the CC Cop), but it is simply not
> consistent with the
> descriptions in Vedic literature (and also expressed
> by MMY) and with
> the experiences of witnessing that the unenlightened
> (like me) have
> on the way to Cosmic Consciousness.
>
> In CC, far from living in fear for a lost self, one
> lives the self --
> which is unlimited bliss consciousness -- and merely
> witnesses the
> body and the rest of the creation. Vasistha:
>
> "Freed from all conditioning, fully established in
> the state of
> unmodified consciousness, the yogi remains like a
> child or a dumb
> person: in him there is bliss, like the blueness of
> the sky. This
> bliss is not an experience, but the very nature of
> consciousness.
> Hence, it does not act as a disturbance, but remains

Bob, that's why I called it a"phase transition".
Perhaps it can be framed as a form of final
unstressing. I don't think that everybody experiences
this, but many do, especially westerners. Obviously
this is not a "final" state, but an opening of
consciousness to itself that profoundly purifies the
mind.
-Peter