My understanding of that event is exactly as Rick reports it - that MMY ordered
the
draining of ATR accounts, Jerry was upset, and that was the reason Jerry was no
longer
welcome in the TMO - he had expressed - in front of MMY - his reservations
about taking
earned ATR points away from teachers.  I recall that we all assumed that the
TMO really
needed the money for some higher purpose, or some project.  Besides, everyone
was
afraid to speak up about their true feelings because there was the very real
possibility of
being blackballed from further participation in teaching or ATR.  Cause if
Jerry could be
given the cold shoulder,  anyone could.