> on 4/5/05 11:33 AM, akasha_108 at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > It began yesterday. Any sign of 550 arriving? Or is it a much smaller
> > number that actually showed up?
>
> Someone told me they've been seeing a few old friends around town who've
> come for the course. I don't know how many actually showed up.

I was out there yesterday helping out a friend.  Saw lots of old
buddies, some going back 30 yrs, it was fun.  No one knew exactly how
many were coming, lots of last minute applications apparently and
registration looked pretty chaotic.  My guess is about 300.  Some are
MUM staff who were told they could go to the course but are expected
to come back to campus afterwards.  But people are coming in from all
over the country.  The pundit homes seemed very comfortable, but no
landscaping yet and the iowa wind is blowing the dust around and if it
rains tomorrow as expected it'll be muddy - reminds me of the early
dome days and all that mud we waded through for months.  In talking
with a few people there it seemed they weren't taking the sat yuga or
even the raja thing too seriously, they were there out of a sense of
loyalty or devotion to MMY, thinking this may be one of the last times
to connect with him, excited about going out and teaching again.
Definitedly some credit card debt being taken on.  I was told Tim
Britton is being taken out every day to bagpipe for the rajas as they
arrive at the tent though I don't know for sure.  Lots of white faces,
grey hair and creme colored suits and saris, but on the whole everyone
looked good and peaceful.