on 4/6/05 6:00 AM, peterklutz at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> snip
>> Every
>> cult thinks that it is uniquely qualified to save the world. None are.
>
> Where is the evidence that MMY is the cause of this alleged cult idea?
>
> I readily admit the TMO is full of some serioulsy disfunctional people
> that have cult ideas, it'äs just that I have never heard MMY make any
> such claim in person. Rather on the contrary - he's very open.

I've heard him go both ways on this. Sometimes he speaks of other teachers
and teachings in complimentary terms, indicating that everyone is
contributing in their own way, but more often than not, he has insisted that
TM is the best, purest, rediscovered, etc. teaching and that everything else
falls short of it. On TTCs there was always a session in which every other
known teaching was discussed and Maharishi poked holes in each one.