--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Brigante"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > Someone emailed me on the side:
> >
> > Jerry Jarvis does has them as well.
> > He came to Austin about 20 years ago now (yikes!) and
> > gave a little daylong seminar on them.  He had them
> > right there in his hands and was reading from them.
> > Wonder if he got 'permission' to do that!! There were
> > about 20 of us...all went to lunch.  Great fun.
>
> *************
>
> It's hard to understand why the balance of MMY's Gita commentary
is
> not being released. With all the talk of Sat Yuga and angels and
King
> Tony etc. now, it can't be the case that talking about esoteric
> topics found in Chs.7-18 would be an additional problem for the
TMO,
> and the scholarly reception of MMY's first 6 chs. was good, so I
have
> no idea why it is not being released.
>
> Maybe somebody should remind Bevan that the sale of a million
copies
> of a book would bring in some revenue for the TMO? And of course,
the
> gold-edged edition could be sold to TMers for $1000/book...

Many, MANY years ago I used to sell Encyclopaedia Britannica.  They
had a sales technique called "price conditioning" in which when you
got to the end of the presentation just before the close, you went
over with the customer the different Britannica "editions" they
could choose from.  There were about five editions

The first one (I forget the name of it) was for CEOs of companies
and was gold-plated.  It sold for $10,000.

The second edition was for something like $4,000.

Well, by the time you got down to the last two -- if memory serves
me right, about $1,895 and $1,000 -- the customers were so grateful
to be away from the $10,000 and $4,000 prices that they were just
darned happy to be around a price they could afford.