--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rory Goff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "easyone200" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > What is the possibility that you created this experience for
> yourself due to your
> > overwhelming desire or expectation. M is a con man at least 99.99%
> of the time, let's just
> > make that 100% and give yourself credit for your own good
> experiences. Ditto for the rest
> > of these guru con artists.
>
> On the one hand, you are absolutely right; it is all Self
> appreciating Self. On the other hand, it is not the work of the ego,
> which was knocked flat on its petulant ass, stretched kicking and
> screaming between absolute bliss and absolute suffering
> simultaneously. In fact, the action of Self flooding into Self
> EXPOSED the ego for the petulant ass it was.
>
> Thanks for asking this, as it brings up another point. The longer I
> have lived and the better I have gotten to know myself, the more I
> realize MMY is just a particularly stupendous mirror. Everything I
> have ever judged in him, I have later come to see in myself. As I
> have come to recognize and acknowledge those evils in myself,
> they "disappear" and MMY (or the World or whatever) smiles that much
> brighter.
>
> Case in point: One of MMY's big flaws IMO has always been his
> disgusting tendency to fawn over the rich and famous. So what
> happens? Last night I see Janis Ian and to anyone's outward eyes, I
> am fawning over the rich and famous. But now I understand what's
> going on from the inside: from my point of view, everyone (and
> everything) is exactly the same, EXCEPT -- by virtue of how much
> appreciation they are willing to take from "this" me. I am pouring
> Love and Soma on and into Janis Ian simply because she will TAKE IT
> ALL -- the more I pour on, the brighter and happier we get, and she
> turns right around and pours it into her music and gives it right
> back to thousands of people. See? She is EFFICIENT --- a) she will
> transpersonally TAKE the energy (instead of saying "gag me," for
> example) and b) she is naturally (at this moment anyhow) Group-
> conscious, and in a position to USE that energy for countless others
> of Us. A bargain!

For me, this is an interesting idea.  Has me thinking in a different way about
the struggle
to integrate the opposing aspects of MMY's behavior.  It is not hard to see
peers, friends
and family in shades of gray - that they can be wonderful in some ways, average
in some
aspects, and have significant faults in other ways.  Still, we love them. But
gurus and
enlightened people were supposed to be perfect, or so we once thought.  So, I
guess you
are saying that what we perceive as "faults" in gurus is really something else
going on,
something useful for ourselves and for others.  This is what true believers
always use to
justify  immoral or unpleasant behavior on the guru's part. (I am not calling
you a true
believer, btw.) I think until I myself have the perception to see as you do, it
is best to go
with some sort of balance between mind, heart and gut feelings. Keeps it simple
and real,
and encourages compassion and basic kindness in all of us.  We can all stretch
our
understanding of what we perceive to an extent, but it is dangerous to keep
doubting and
second guessing our own perceptions and feelings beyond a certain point. I know
you are
not advocating that, - in fact you just had your own very real experience.
Sounds as if the
entire evening was terrific on every level.