Bob,
I'm always amazed with your searching the web skills to find
related websites and articles to various topics.

If you and others don't mind sharing some of their tips or point me
to an article about the topic. I have interest/need to do my searching
more effectively.

Do you just google or using some more advanced tools
or technique in your searching?

ty.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Brigante" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> [...]
> Total for rent and salaries: about $40K/month (plus whatever the
mall
> owners collect as percentage of TM store sales).
>
> Income from MAPI products sales could not amount to much -- many of
> the items are so overpriced (like honey at $50/lb.) or of little
> interest to the general public, so these sales won't amount to much,
> and if meditators start to shop for their MAPI products at these
mall
> stores, it would be merely cannibalizing sales from the MAPI.com web
> site.
>
> The mall store will have to rely on the income from the spa and from
> TM instruction, shooting for one spa treatment a day at $645/day
> (taking this figure from The Raj's price list:
> http://www.theraj.com/rajoffers/panchakarma.html ). But the Raj has
> always lost money, even in a town with 2000 meditators, many of whom
> are rich and can afford these pricey treatments. And, outside of
> Fairfield, there are many other spas, even competing Ayurveda spas,
> that offer similar treatments, often at lower prices, and usually in
> more attractive surroundings than a tiny room in a mall.
>
> Initiating one person every day into TM every three days at $2500,
in
> addition to the one per day for the spa treatment, would bring in
> enough money to break even ($645 x 30= $19350 plus $2500 x 10=
> $25000, for a total of $44350/month), and a handful of these mall
> stores may be able to meet these goals, which have to see a daily
spa
> treatment and one initiation every 3 days indefinitely to stay
> solvent.
>
> But when you multiply the 500 proposed stores by these numbers for
> spa treatments and initiations, it amounts to 15,000 people a month
> in the USA seeking TM spa treatments -- a very unlikely figure --
and
> 5,000 people a month starting TM, a figure which has not been
> remotely approached since the wave of initiations in the 70s after
> the Merv Griffin shows (when 50,000/month were learning TM). And I
> don't see any reason why a different weighting of needed numbers --
> more initiations into TM and fewer spa treatments, or vice versa --
> could come up with a formula that could work for these mall stores,
> since there is just not much happening for the TM movement either in
> terms of people learning TM or buying Maharishi Ayurveda treatment.
>
> Even if MMY is planning on doing something spectacular, miraculous,
> to interest people in TM, these mall stores won't work with large
> crowds. You would want a warehouse or stadium to teach large numbers
> of people if somebody did actually levitate and end up on the
evening
> news. I just don't see any scenario playing out that would justify
> this mall store plan.
>
> Somebody from Vedic City should call in a consultant from Booz
Allen