On Apr 12, 2005, at 2:17 PM, Gregory N Poole wrote:

>> Nearly half the world accepts the concept of maya -
>> the concept that the world is an illusion. But almost
>> no one lives as if they believe the fact!
>
> That's because the world ***feels*** so real. That "moment of
> understanding" can help you realize that just because something feels
> real, doesn't actually make it real.

And also it is worth pointing out that just because you feel you are in
the non-dual state, does not mean you are. Having been around a teacher
who transmits the non-dual state I've been lucky to be around many who
felt they were in that state and who had gone beyond meditation, etc.
Very few are and I see the same pattern around the Neo-Advaita set. The
vast majority are not in the non-dual state but are in fact practicing
vipasyana (whether they realize it or not). Not that that's a bad
thing, but it ain't the non-dual state and it ain't enlightenment.
Since vipasyana is "seeing things as they really are" it can be quite
deceiving. Sadly a form of vanity tends to follow the wrong View.

What amazed me is that a good teacher can dismantle a students wrong
View in about 1 to 3 sentences. Correct View (darshana) is *essential*.

I also found some of the articles claims, sadly, quite inaccurate.