--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anonymousff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> The danger is that along the way one starts to lose the purity side
> of the teaching and just stays with the rituals, hence losing the
> purity of the knowledge.
> Brahman, G-D, infinity has no shape or form and rituals are just
> golden cage of samsara at the best case.

Absolutely true that seeing or appreciating yagyas and rituals as
outside the Self will tend (at best) to be an expression of god-
consciousness, not "Brahman." (Not true that in themselves they will
bar one from "Brahman," which cannot be obtained or lost, only
Understood or ignored; god-consciousness -- like any other state -- is
no real barrier to "Brahman;" only attachment to it is.)

Like these yagyas, seeing MMY, Guru Dev, and the "purity of the
teaching" as outside the Self will also (at best) tend to be an
expression of god-consciousness, not "Brahman," and (if you like) tend
to reinforce the "golden cage of samsara." (Though again, there is no
golden cage of samsara, per se -- only a habit or belief that there
is.) No one "out there" can really give us "Brahman;" it can
(probably) only be surrendered into/conquered by a tiny/colossal step
of egolessness/Egomania, denying the illusion of the self-other
dilemma and embracing/accepting the Whole -- what IS.

> I think our friend need to check where his focus and attention goes.

Yes, perhaps we all do, and one could perhaps make a case that without
at least some attention on and "somatose" appreciation of the
celestial qualities of the "Other," it would appear highly unlikely
that one would ever consider the "Other" worth unifying with or
embracing. A "Brahman" without the Heart is a pretty poor "Brahman"!
:-)

The beauty of focus and attention is it gives us precisely what we
need at any point in our Life -- whether it be the sweetly powerful
electromagnetic soma-flows of god-consciousness, or the Understanding
that all is Self in the perfection of what IS, or both simultaneously,
or neither, or even the lovely embrace of deepest, blackest
Sleep...it's all good, all just a matter of focus and attention.

With that in mind, I would like to apologize to Akasha for denying
what I perceived as his golden appreciation of Peter in "K.C." While
perhaps true in the deepest sense that this perception was a
projection -- so what? At least it is celestial, glorious -- and so if
Akasha were not to deny that perception but rather to "take credit"
for it, embrace it All -- then in what way is god-consciousness a
barrier to "Brahman"? Perhaps rather it is the single missing piece of
the puzzle (if indeed there ever could be such)!

Jai Guru Dev in each of Us