Nice post; comments interleaved below:

> The sense of "me-ness" or "i-ness" comes from ahamkara, the "i-
maker".
> Ahamkara is shakti, the kundalini shakti herself. Whatever "masks"
she
> wears are subtle and profound aspects of this same yogic ego.

This would appear to describe the "whipsawing" little snake as she
insists upon separation and superiority; she is wrapped around and
protecting the egoic-egg or causal-body -- the idea of a separate
self. She appears here to be the serpent of space-time, keeping the
separate self locked into a 3-D world of division and comparison.

There is
> something else, shakti's mate, which must grow in relation to the
> unfoldment of "her" otherwise you end up attaching to these
relative
> aspect of "her" (the ego). Many imagine they are enlightened and
> describe a vast array of subtle "experiences", celestial messages,
OOBE
> etc. These are just expansion at the level of the ego. Ego-
display.

Absolutely; any attachment to "experience" or even to any definition
or conception of "enlightenment" is still subtle bondage to
something transitory, wherein the Self has not yet completely
understood the fundamental and all-inclusive nature of the Self.

On the other hand, it would appear that only the enlightened feel
comfortable saying "I am enlightened" (as well as "I am in
ignorance") or "I am awake" (as well as "I am asleep") or "I am
free" (as well as "I am a slave"), for only in enlightenment are all
of these things Understood as the same.

> It's only when you expand enough to encompass ALL of it in a non-
dual
> stance that you stop being conditioned by the "stress" that's
causing
> the shakti-experience to arise in the first places. These things
have
> to arise from a "cause". You want to go beyond that cause. If you
can,
> it dissolves immediately.

This appears to be a function of the fundamental comprehension that
the "Other-I" and this "I" aren't actually separate after all.

> The problem with the TM-Sidhi method is that samyama, once
attained,
> automatically awakens this power-behind-"I-ness". It awakens the
> shakti. Thus you tend to get a lot of egomaniacs spouting from the
POV of their shakti experiences--their subtle egos.

And it would seem that one still attached to the idea of "Other-I"
vs. "this-I" will see everything in that Light until the egoic
separate-self egg is broken.

> In traditional methods samyama is not taught on the formulae of
>pada three first. It's taught so as to quickly cultivate
>the "witness". If this is not done first you end up very possibly
>enslaving yourself to the subtle ego--all the while declaring your
>enlightenment from any
> nearby footstool.

It would appear that regardless of one's "path," so long as one
believes there actually IS a "path," the "witness" is still mediated
through the idea-of-separate-self and hence subtle ego until it
isn't.