--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rory Goff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Got it. I sometimes fail to see that an upward direction assumes a
> > greater totality; a circle, not an arrow.
>
> Yes! And everything You see/feel in me, You already are, or you
> couldn't appreciate it at all. To even perceive something, we have
> be resonating on its "level" or "frequency" and so that which You
see,
> You are. Hence, beauty lying in the eye of the beholder, the Other
> being a mirror of the Self, and so on. Very nice Work. :-)

Of course, as you pointed out in your "kill the Buddha" post, one
might also take the opposite tack -- the "neti neti" path of absolute
denial, drawing the target around the arrow (Self) and mercilessly
slaying all outside that circle, all that is not True, like Krishna
and Arjuna wiping out the "relatives" on the battlefield. Either way
works, the Unitive Path of "Love" or the Separative Path of "Hatred,"
so long as it is done with a whole heart.