> On Apr 19, 2005, at 2:01 PM, Real wrote:
>
> > My personal experience with the TMSiddhi program in total is that
> > nothing previous to this practice has so clearly cultivated the
> > growth of silence into my daily life. Having said that, I tend to
> > think that the Siddhi practice especially the flying sutra was
> > brought out by MMY more for the effect it would have on the
world as
> > a whole rather than how it immediately rescue the practicioner
from
> > the world of dharma and suffering. I suspect that the majority
of us
> > here have so far to go before we are fully disentangled from our
> > masses of karmic knots that it's better we concentrate on
cleaning
> > our house rather than vacating it. In short, for most the
TMSiddhi
> > practice or something like it is the most appropriate action for
now.

> That still doesn't answer the question of the tradition. The
tradition
> says one thing, MMY advocates something entirely different. What
is
> advocated is not a "sudden" path--it is a gradual path. But it
> definitely does not advocate siddhis. In fact, it goes so far as
to say
> these will prevent CC and BC.

What constitutes the "tradition".? A few or many esteemed individual
teachers that are considered to be representative of the truth? Here
are a few possibilities; the tradition is right and MMY is wrong,
MMY is right and the tradition is wrong, the tradition has been
misinterpreted by students, the TMSiddhi practice has been
misinterpreted in relation to other traditions. In the end, you are
the expert, decide for yourself.

Rick Carlstrom