(snip)
> I've also been working on something that I find very enlightening:
> Whenever I am expressing myself with regard to another, I will only
> speak or write that which I would speak directly to their face if I
> had the chance, be that Catholics, the pope, anyone on this board,
> Hitler, Maharishi, you get the point. Given space and time what they
> are(n't), this seems to make the most sense.

This is a great thing Jim, you working on this inspires me to keep
working on it. Sometimes I listen to myself speak "about" someone else
and I feel like I am living a double life, the one that I whisper
quietly and the one that I speak loudly and clearly. What a sense of
freedom it would be to always follow your suggestion; "only speak or
write that which you would speak directly to their face if you had the
chance". To speak honestly and openly about others means you have to
be honest and open with yourself. Sometimes when we are tired it seems
easier to slip into being small. Keep working on it Jim, I will too.

Rick Carlstrom