Cliff, I'll be seeing him in Chicago in a few weeks.
Side mail me a photo of yourself so when I see him
I'll show him the photo and your greeting. He'll melt!
Punditj's mom, Amma, died a few years ago. She was a
very sweet lady. I believe his dad is still alive. I'd
be pretty proud if I had a son like him!Amazing,
wonderful, kind man.
-Peter

--- Cliff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I had the pleasure of spending quite a bit time with
> (then-known-as) Ravi
> back in 1981-1982 while teaching in Bangalore.  His
> parents had us
> over to their house many times for dinner, and it
> was always delightful
> (although the idlis tended to be incredibly salty).
>
> His dad, R.S.V. Ratnam, inisisted that I learn to
> eat with my "natural
> fork", which I took to with considerably greater
> enthusiasm than my
> (now ex-) wife.  He was a constant source of stories
> from various
> shastras, and his pride in his son was very sweet.
> I wonder if he's
> still alive?
>
> Ravi took us on a tour of the Veda Vision factory,
> which was outside
> Bangalore in a large mangro orchard the TMO owned.
> It was one of
> the more obviously-doomed Sidhaland projects -
> taking old TV
> vacuum tubes and trying to turn them back into
> working TVs by
> pulling a new vacuum, soldering up broken
> electronics and sticking
> them back into hand-made wood cabinets.  The
> resulting TVs must
> have weight 60 to 70 pounds each!
>
> If you have the chance, Peter, please pass on my
> love and appreciation
> to Sri Sri.  His love of the divine radiated very
> clearly even then.
>
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter Sutphen
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > --- Llundrub <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > A friend of mine a long time ago really really
> loved
> > > Sri Sri, and I wonder if anyone knows of him. Or
> > > Peter could you maybe ask. His name is Terence
> > > Wassgren. He was a tall punk rocker looking
> person
> > > with natural white blonde hair.  Last time I saw
> him
> > > was in 1990. Thanks.
> >
> > I'll ask. What area of the country was he from?
> And
> > how could you not love Sri Sri? The guy is da
> bomb!
> > The infinite actually knows your name and talks to
> > you. Interesting experience, to say the least.
> > -Peter

=== message truncated ===