Llundrub wrote:
"'Quite suddenly' gives expression to the way in which
nature functions. Nature ensures great flexibility for the growth of
good or evil in the atmosphere. But when an influence grows beyond
elastic limits, nature will no longer sustain it; suddenly the
breaking-point is reached."

----So are nuclear warheads or their use outside the scope of natural
law?

We'll have to see which way the dice falls.

In my original post, I meant to say the WORLD BANK and the IMF, not
the WTO.  SORRY.  Duh. ;-)

Had TM been widely available, I don't think we would have seen the
growth of such rampant corruption and greed.
But TM has been out of reach for the masses who badly
needed it, ever since the price rises of the early '90s.
Can the damage be undone.  We'll have to wait and see.

The USA can still reverse it's current protectionist policy of
imposing free trade regulations on other countries while maintaining
tariffs on it's own borders.  This would be a fairer way to conduct
international trade.  But would Americans accept a lower standard of
living?
Try this one on for size:
http://www.arts.unsw.edu.au/tsw/

  THE SOLUTION.
We cannot achieve a sustainable and just world order unless we change
to,
- Simpler lifestyles, much less production and consumption, much less
concern with luxury, affluence, posessions and wealth.
- Small, highly self-sufficient local economies, largely independent
of the global economy.

- More cooperative and participatory ways, enabling people in small
communities to take control of their own development.

- A new economy, one not driven by profit or market forces, and  a
zero-growth or steady-state overall economy,  that produces much
less  than we do now.

- Some very different values, especially cooperation not competition,
and frugality and self-sufficiency not acquisitiveness and consuming.