Peter Sutphen wrote:
> Patrick, have you read [Byron Katie's]
> new book? I've got to stop
> in a bookstore and take a look.

I haven't read it. I'm not sure that I will! I'd
love to see her live, though. Unfortunately,
her book tour has few East Coast stops, and
none I can see near me.

I "read" her first book by listening to it on
tape, twice. It was incredibly moving to hear
her working through the four questions with
the widow whose husband left everything to
another woman, or with the woman who, as
a 9-year-old girl, had been penetrated by her
adoptive father.

One shortcut I've been taking lately is to skip
the questions and go straight to the turnaround:
"My wife *should* be nagging me. I *should* be
blowing off work." It's funny how such a trick can
snap me into accepting the present (sometimes).

Back to the subject of realizing the perfection of
what is: Years ago I had a chum who took seminars
 with one Dennis Adams. (www.dennisadamsseminars.com)
He came back from the seminar enjoying everything,
saying, "It's perfect." He got the wrong order at a
restaurant and said, "It's perfect." Apparently that
was a key insight to be gained from the seminars.

Anyone here done a Dennis Adams seminar?

 - Patrick Gillam