Also, perhaps you  guys should check your mantras too. You might find
they're a syllable short.

----Only when I consider that I have one namah left to go, and that it will cost 4,000 bucks next time.

In that vein,

Apavitrah Pavitro Va Sarva Vastan Gatopi Va Yah
Smaret Pundari Kaksham Sa Bahya Bhyantarah Shuchih

No lack of syllables there.

I am wondering why TM teachers since they like doing the puja so much don't do it more often just for themselves? Just for the fun of it? I think Ben said that doing the puja reminded him of the great feeling of the holy Tradition last time he did it, so why not do it more?

In fact, one could doo the puja on behalf of others as a service regardless of whether they are bestowing something concrete on them or not. Ie., I do this puja just to make the coonnection with so and so for their wellbeing, and so on... Just another thought.