on 4/29/05 5:34 PM, Bob Brigante at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> No one tells Maharishi what he can or can't do. He's the boss.
>
> *******
>
> So the driver at the HNL airport did not grab the carpetbag out of
> MMY's hands and take him home until arrangements were made? You would
> be wrong, not that that would be an unusual position for you...

Bob, that was not exactly a major administrative decision. Maharishi had no
alternative. The driver was being gracious.

> But I am realizing that it really does not matter that the TMO is
> flunking out in the West.

OK, we see a theory forming here.

>In fact, this was the strategy all along,
> inspired not by any ordinary human analysis of what would work for
> the TMO in the West or not, but a strategy guided by Divine
> intelligence.

Ooops. The theory suddenly morphed into an absolutist pronouncement.

> The real reason that MMY came to the West was to delay the onset of
> enlightenment so that a Vedic India would not be too much of a shock
> for the world: http://geocities.com/bbrigante/comp.html#30

So all the work he's done over here all these years. Teaching all those
courses, training all those teachers, founding MUM and sheparding it along
for over 30 years, was to "delay the onset of enlightenment". Cool.

> If MMY had stayed in India without lighting a few candles around the
> world, the onset of a Vedic India would have created havoc in
> material life around the world.

Actually, the reason Maharishi left India in the late 50's, as he explained
it, was that things were going too slowly there. After some calculations, he
realized that at the rate things were going, it would take him 200 years to
accomplish his goals.

> The TMO will be wildly successful in a few years in India; everything
> that is happening now in the West, the crowns and titles and all
> that, is just designed to hold a shell of an organization in place
> until TM is successful in India.

And what if it's not? What if it just fizzles out in India too, as it has
pretty much done. And why do you think India is going to be so successful
all of a sudden. Most of the movement employees over there don't even
meditate. It's a job for them. According to a friend who taught over there
for 8 years, about 40% of funds coming into the country are embezzled, and
top management has a Mafia like mentality capable of murder.

>After Deepak Chopra left the TM
> movement, MMY was determined not to let this sort of defection happen
> again if possible,

Why Deepak? There have been hundreds of defections, some of them famous.
Most of M's personal secretaries "defected" shortly after their stints.

>so he loads up the inadequate personalities who
> manage the TM movement with fancy clothes and titles so that they,
> let a child at his birthday party, will feel the glow of attention
> and stick around in the movement.

Maybe. Keep theorizing. It's entertaining. Sorry if I have offended you.