Quite a recollection, Rick. Thanks for sourcing this.
I have a few questions at the bottom.

Rick Archer posted Shannon Dickson's words:

> My feeling on seeing how things devolved from
> 1972 through 1975 is that MMY had gone through
> a kind of mini-breakdown, possibly from the
> combination of the demands of having to recreate
> the juice for the movement every few years along
> with the financial challenges, the shock from the
> Jennifer thing, as well as the trouble around
> Shantinand in India... who knows what was going
> through his mind? Certainly, he was in
> charge of his faculties and it seemed more along
> the lines of a bit of dark night of the soul period
> for him, while the new inwardly focused movement
> was concocted with the Siddhis at the pinnacle
> along with the focus on locking in the TB's loyalty
> through a combination of engendering a feeling
> of specialness (including taking over their very
> own town!) and being on a chosen mission to save
> the world reinforced with the fear of being
> ostracized and screwed karmically if one didn't
> toe the party line; typical classic cult indoctrination,
> even if it was more subtlety and deftly handled
> in the TM example during those days, compared with
> other cults.

What was "the trouble around Shantinand in India"?

Who are the "TB's"? I would say "true believers," but
I don't get how that meaning works with "taking over
their very own town."

It would be vastly entertaining for me to read a lucid
account of how the period before the mid-1970's differed
from the period after. Shannon talks about it a little, but
I'd welcome some elaboration.

 - Patrick Gillam