This is a key point. Whatever mistakes M may have made in his personal or
managerial life don't invalidate the benefits of TM. Conversely, the
effectiveness of TM doesn't necessarily imply that M is faultless.

---I think we could all forgive Maharishi any sort of wrong except that what we really don't much like is the hubris. If he was humble in the slightest that weakness would be near and dear. How often do gurus apologize for their shortcomings?  Same as for American presidents. Tthat tact was taken however by the most cherished of all presidents - Kennedy - and it earned him great kudos in popularity. But only the truely great are so sure of themselves that they can afford to be seen as human without losing self respect. Or so humble as to take the chance on the people that they are supposedly serving. To be trusted one must trust. Otherwise who is one fooling really?