It is an irony that so much of the rigidity of the TMO was supposedly
to maintain the purity of the teaching - yet now this aim is going to
be seriously undermined by the alienation of the majority of the
40,000+ teachers MMY created, many of whom might start teaching
independently now. It is one of many paradoxes and contradictions in
the whole history of the TMO. Moreover, even if MMY eventually
decides to charge more reasonable fees to ward off such competition
the uncertified teachers would still win in the West, at least,
because they would dump all the "religious",  "Indian" and "anti-
Western" bits of the package, as TM was originally promoted in its
prime. The only trump card for MMY is his peace initiative - if it
works. But if within his own organization there is war, what hope for
the world?

Someone also mentioned how MMY's message needs to be heard from the
finest rather the grossest level - followers have made allowances for
MMY in this respect over many decades. His terminology, if at odds
with common usage, was supposedly aimed at future generations, for
instance. But all of MMY's goals could easily have been framed in
different ways, without alienating people (especially the converted)
and focused much more efficiently. Only NOW, after 50 years, he
decides to give up on Government support and try going it alone (re
the world peace project). Had he done so 15 years ago, focusing all
his considerable resources to the task... well who knows..

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "marwincornyarmand"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It seems to me that the advent of thousands of "uncertified" TM
> teachers might be Nature's way of telling the movement that it does
> not own this knowledge and that it even transcends MMY's approval if
> he is obstructing it's spread. Nothing stops evolution. It's
entirely
> possible that the movement realizes there is nothing legal they can
do
> despite bluffs (common in legal proceedings) and they are trying to
> tighten the loophole with new legal agreements in the
recertification