--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Llundrub" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Addiction to bliss is not enlightenment.

you are right, but if you aware of the above is it still a problem?
reading thru your post it seems to me that you suggest that bliss
clutters one moral view and reasoning, I disagree.
I do see the danger that you pointing but the danger is not part
of bliss but part of any addiction.

> Everyday we come upon a million mistakes.  To error is human. But
many people who practice a "road of bliss" style meditation have real
problems when encountering mistakes. I have just made many typos and
then had to pause and fix them. I get sort of pissed because I can't
type very well. Fixing mistakes takes me time and is distracting, but
that doesn't mean the keyboard is wrong, or that I should throw the
computer through the window.

> If I was very much more addicted to bliss then I would think that
>anything that stood in the way of experiencing bliss was evil. I
>would smash the computer as an instrument of it since it frustrateth
>me so.

hmmm..

> Maharishi developed too much bliss for his lack of training.  It
overpowered him, and at first he was able to be in tune with the vibe
and spread it. And it was affective. And for many years the bliss
carried him. Until near the end the strength of his physique has
started to wane, and so has the bliss. And now he must fall back on
>his previous mind training for the source of his inspiration.

you might be right but you also might be speculating.

> It's easy to be good and convincing when you're in bliss because as
any ritalin child can tell you, physical joy allows the mind to calm
and focus.

> And yet Maharishi had no real mind training as a secretary to GD,
>and so not knowing what really to fall back upon (yama and niyama)

I thought that yama and niyama to be part of the veda..

> he has reformulated the whole Hindu Veda as the key to his re->?
>ascension to heaven.
>
> But the re-formulation of the entire world according to Vedic
ideals will not bring him, or anyone closer to the truth that was
Guru Dev.  The real blazing light of compassion took almost Guru
Dev's whole life in seclusion to develop. And no amount of vastu,
yajna, jyotish or TM will create another Guru Dev, nor recreate that
sense of warmth and bliss that Maharishi got around him. Not for him,
and not for the world.

> You see, when mother's home then one is free to explore and not
even be concerned about her being there, but when mother's gone then
no amount of other objects or things can replace her.

> Guru Dev left an impression on Maharishi but that impression is
wearing off. No amount now of pointing fingers and reckoning with the
nightmare that loss of bliss brings will bring Guru Dev back for
Maharishi nor make Guru Dev's bliss real for you or me.

> It's a bad mistake to think that bliss is the goal of life.  One
needs to learn to be stable in the midst of bliss and suffering, or
>one cannot be called enlightened.

yes

>  Enlightenment is the goal of life, not merely bliss. One needs to
not feel stepped on every time they make a mistake and blame it on
something else, but rather, come to realize that ones nature is
itself ignorance.  Ignorance recreating itself time and time again.
With each rise of though new duality is born and more ignorance.

> Bliss should be the result of training in equanimity, not some
autonomic physiological substance from a technique that anyone can
>experience.

isn't Vipasana, the Buddhist type of meditation not creating
bliss as well?
As a Buddhist, don't you practice it, and if so what makes it
different?

> The reason is this.  The bliss will prevent further moral and
>mental development

not necessarily.

>and will lead to more war based on irrational faith in dualism due
to the brains inability to not equate bliss with correctness. The
feeling of bliss is the feeling of being correct, and if one
experiences bliss even while acting like a demon then they will
create ever more bad karma. Karma (yama and niyama) must be taught,
or as said one is like a leaky vessel.

> Simply holding to the present without concept is the only state of
reality free from opposites of bliss and frustration.

this is just witnessing with out judgment.
but it leaves you on the surface level of reality, I believe.

>  And that takes more training than mere bliss meditation on
samadhi.

> The path that Guru Dev took was not the path of TM, nor the path of
bliss, but the path of renunciation.  That is not able to be
recreated for you, only you can create that.

> Maharishi was initially inspired, but the inspiration is waning,
and now you and I are left with the husk of a man bereft of bliss, as
well as meaningful philosophy of how to become enlightened. Many will
argue and say, yeah right. But look, has the simple rule of thumb
called karma ever even been discussed amongst the TMO?  But surely
what goes up must come down, and what comes together must fall apart.
This is karma.

> The world exists to prove karma to us. This is why the world is the
greatest education ground. Maharishi cannot change that by remaking
the world. Life just doesn't work like that.

> May we all live and learn and not be addicted to bliss. Trust an
addict to know addiction and how it feels to jones. There's no cure
but learning to live without, and then one is stronger and wiser than
before. Maharishi was at the source of the heroin in Guru Dev. But
the heroin has run out finally and a long jones is to follow.  If he
had had the proper training then the jones would have been tolerated
without pathetic fallacy (pathetic fallacy is a literary term which
means to project the human drama upon something inanimate, for
instance, the rose looked sad).  We're Maharishi's pathetic fallacy,
where he plays out his own internal battle with aging and loss of
bliss upon us.