--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter Sutphen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- off_world_beings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > > The MHI in Mt. Pleasant is still open, but nowhere
> > near the size it
> > > used to be:
> > >

> http://das.hre.iowa.gov/open_class_nurse.html#mtpleasantmhi
> > >
> > > I worked there briefly in the 70s -- >>>
> >

> > Sure Bob.
> > You were "working" there.
> > Then they let you out...SORRY !...I mean you "quit".
> > Right. Yup, Sure
> > Bob, anything you say.
>

> Yes, bob and I were in group therapy together...:-)

I worked on the locked ward, where group therapy was out of the
question -- any day that somebody did not go postal was considered a
real good day. We had some real charmers...a kickout from the State
Prison in Ft. Madison (too crazy for prison!), a guy who had thought
his pregnant wife was in that state because she had a black
boyfriend -- so he cut her open to see if the baby was white and
his...all the pregnant staffers reflexively covered their bellies
when this guy was nearby.

Bob