--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, t3rinity <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > The legal term for
> > that is:'non compos mentis'.
>
> Maybe. there must be a term for everything.

****
Quite useful concept in judging the intentionality of a persons actions.
***

> And some maybe enlightened. But as it is, Irmely, I am just sceptical
> about our sense of individuality and self. And if you read the
> Bhagavad Gita, it is exactly what Krishna says to Arjuna, when he
> refuses to kill his own relatives. Krishna says: I have already killed
> them. Besides that, brain research indicates, that decissions are
> already taken in the brain, *before* we become aware of them, and own
> them my our 'individuality' As I see it, modern man is addicted to a
> cult of individuality.

****
Yes I agree that in a deep level were are not separate individuals.
There we are collectively connected and sharing impulses. But what we
make of these impulses can be hugely different in different individuals.

We cannot generally decide our emotional reactions. But there are huge
differences between us how we perceive them and what we do with them.
It is partly an individual learning process and partly culturally
conditioned. This learning is very important, because it determines
how, and to accomplish what, we use our intellect for. According to my
experience the fruits of this learning you take with you from one
incarnation to another. In that sense there are individuals.

Even MMY:s efforts to enlighten the humanity falls apart without
individuals, who can make choices. Why is he so much blaming those who
don't want to co-operate with him, if there are no separate
individuals. Just puppets playing their roles. Although in primitive
societies this is still  more the case, as also it has been in ancient
times.

Irmeli