> ---I have been. I cut all the curse words out since I'm dealing
> with strict Hindoos.  I kept all personal invictive out, and have
> stuck to just clear arguments.

Another thought:  what's to argue about?

Remember who we were discussing just last night?
That's an example of someone for whom every spiritual
discussion *has* to be an argument, and for whom every
argument *has* to have a "winner."  Sounds as if you
found a few of those folks.

IMO it's often those who secretly *doubt* their beliefs
who are compulsive about defending them and convincing
others that those beliefs are RIGHT, DAMNIT.  The person
they are really trying to convince is themselves.

So much cooler IMO to just state one's opinion quietly,
like the plop of a turd into a punchbowl, and then go
to the bar and order something in a bottle.  :-)

Unc