We have our first commentator unpon Maharishi. That was pretty good. However, it's also said that ligh and dark cannot co-exist and so raising sattva destroys tamas. Moreover, it's said that we are without the three gunas altogether in turiya, so how do these square pegs fit the round holes you molded?
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 6:08 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Bye bye Brits/Scorpions Need Nectar

Hi Rick,

The benefit to the destructive tendencies is a temporary one, only
because all of life is supported by the practice of TM. In times
past, the destructive tendencies would not gain such a foothold, but
now, as the current Dalai Lama says in his book, In My Own Words,
when speaking about aggression and competitiveness, "...These mental
processes easily translate into actions, breeding belligerence. Such
processes have been going on in the human mind since time
immemorial, but their execution has become more effective under
modern conditions." This is what Maharishi is forestalling, the
temporary lift that negative tendencies enjoy in a lively
environment. Just as sattva can bind with rajas, so can tamas.

Jim

> on 5/11/05 4:56 PM, bbrigante at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "claudiouk"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>