--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "L B Shriver"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Delete away, it's too damned long.
>
> IMO, the primary purpose of the intro is to seed the yahoo groups
> search engine so that people looking for this kind of discussion
will
> be able to find it. Once someone has subscribed, what difference
does
> it make how long or short the intro is?

This is what is currently seen when showing up at a search:

FairfieldLife
898 Members, Archives: Public

"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the wish to find out,
which is the exact opposite." ~~Bertrand Russell "The healthy mind
challenges its own assumptions." ~~ attributed to the I Ching
"Whatever you think, it's more than that" ~~ Incredible String Band
FairfieldLife focuses on topics of interest to seekers of truth and
liberation everywhere. Fairfield, Iowa is home to Maharishi University
of Management, founded by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in 1971. There are
about 2000 TM ...

I would concentrate on these first 6 lines, to give people an idea if
its interesting to them. Do we really need the three quotes up there
first? They could come later. Try to make the scope of topics somehow
loosly related to TM right there. The explanation with the universtity
can come later.