--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter Sutphen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It just seemed to be an awful lot of chatter about
> something that is quite simple. It was in serious
> jest. Be still (ala Ramana Maharishi)

Chatter? Oh dear, now I am insulted :). Peter baby, that's what this
group is all about, talking it out. Running to "no-self" everytime
the complexity level goes up is no solution. This is the realm of
personality and my personality feeds on figuring out the way things
work. One end of the spectrum is silent me-less knowing and the
other end is dynamic intellectual interaction which I would say is
part of the process of self discovering Self.

You know the analogy put forth by Akasha the other day about how the
individual conductor is madly conducting while the symphony cannot
even see him and plays its music regardless of the individuals
efforts is usefull to get the attention off of self importance and
merge with the whole but it is an incomplete picture. We are left
with the question of why does God need to do anything at all? God
does not need to do anything but we as individuals do, and we are
created in the image of God. God needs to do through us, we are God
expressing itself, we are God getting confused in the diversity of
creation. It's a personal universe. Isn't this demonstrated in the
inner exercise that you described earlier, where one focuses on I as
the trailmarker that leads one to the grand "I", I unbounded, ego
exploded to an all encompassing status not some selfless automaton
of creation just spinning its 1000 monkey story off into infinity.

One more thing; that "be still" comment...I take that as very
condenscending. Of course maybe that's just me.

Rick Carlstrom