On May 17, 2005, at 8:20 AM, Llundrub wrote:

----Maharishi obviously is feeding off the furor of his brashness, and he is probably addicted to making waves. Leaders who do not feed off of others would be those who do not try to get their followers all worked up. Humblle leaders who are into discussing things using reason and real mental powers. The rest are evangelists who work upon our emotions.

I think you are on to something here, but in this case it may be people who have LOST a sense of emotion or mood and need to have it dispensed by a mood-giver.

Sound crazy? It's not--the actual Sanskrit name of Transcendental Meditation, bhavatita dhyana, means "transcending mood" or "beyond feelings". There has never been a clearer example of name and form.