> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter Sutphen
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I've got a serious question for everybody and no
> > implicit criticism is meant and I'm also curious if
> > there is a legitimate/valid, whatever reason, someone
> > can come up with that I'm not quite getting. Why do we
> > need any story whatsoever regarding MMY? We can
> > neither confirm nor disconfirm any story. The
> > arguments go on and on. Most of our stories whether in
> > the pro or con camp are simply narratives of what we
> > already believe. All we have is our own experiences
> > regarding MMY. The stories can never, ever resolve;
> > they never "make sense" unless you deny huge chunks of
> > contradictory material. So, why and what is this need
> > that some, all, a few, including moi, struggle with?
> > -Peter

  I've been thinking about how to answer this, Pete.
I guess I'd have to say that I felt betrayed, and angry. I've always
been fortunate to have a good level of experience, TM, Siddhi's,
galaxies ;) . Aside from the ego stuff on the surface (knower of
reality and all that - fading with years and maybe a little bit of
wisdom). I wanted to help people and the world - and based on the
World Plan up until the late 70's, I thought it could be done. I
wanted it to happen. But Maharishi presented too many inconcruities. I
knew that there was enough money to do the groups, but they never
happened. I had the good fortune to spend some time with Charlie
Lutes. He took the edge off the inner conflicts.  Now my experience is
better than ever, I used to think that I knew things what a laugh ;)
But MMY and the TMO still bring sadness. I love teaching and have
continued to do that, but quietly.... All of Maharishi's hiding things
and all the money, power and dishonesty stuff is sickening. It
certainly forces independence and self reliance. I figure the TM
technique works for many and after a certain level of unfoldment
almost anything will work. I quess I'm just trying to get closer to
the truth about the TMO and Maharishi and get the story straight.

JohnY