Obviously any charity can be sued for fraud if it's worth someone's time. Maybe in the case of a class action it would be worth people's time.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2005 6:41 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: TM & charity status re UK Fatuah

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "claudiouk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]...> wrote:
> TM promoted as a charity:
> "Transcendental Meditation™, founded by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi™ , is a
> programme for the Development of Consciousness which, in the UK, is
> available only from Maharishi Foundation™ , registered educational
> charity number 270157."
>
> Overdue Accounts:
> http://www.charity-
> commission.gov.uk/registeredcharities/showcharity.asp?chyno=270157
>
> Complaints the Charity Commission can take up:
> http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/publications/cc47.asp
>
> Don't know whether it would be worthwhile for someone to make a
> complain - eg. donations intended for the UK going abroad; no proper
> accounting etc. But who's got the time to do it?!

I see that they are late filing anything past year 2000. Income went
from 1.4 million pounds to 5.2 million pounds between 1998 and 1999
and then they stopped filing.

Trustees:
DOCTOR WILLIAM GEOFFREY CLEMENTS D PHIL
      MISS JANE JEMIMA PITMAN
      MRS JOY MARTIN BENSON
      MR PRAKASH SHRIVASTAVA
I wonder if Prakash is on every board in every country?

JohnY