--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jyouells2000" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, bbrigante <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > ************
> >
> > Children need praise, and if they don't get enough of it, they'll
> > leave the movement, like Chopra did. MMY has always recognized
the
> > need to lavish praise and attention on the industrial-age brats
in
> > the West who have gravitated to the TMO, and especially after
Chopra
> > left (despite MMY's calling him, among other things, the "Lord of
> > Immortality"), MMY will express an interest in even the most
> > trivial "accomplishments" of his staff.
> >
> > The good news is that the West no longer has any significance for
the
> > growth of the movement, a fact which MMY has underscored by
raising
> > fees to exclusionary levels and completely cutting off Britain.
What
> > has to happen now, now that a few candles have been lit in the
West
> > to reduce the shock of a Vedic India on the world, is for India
> > become restored to its Vedic status, and that is just a matter of
> > time...
>

> I asked Chopra about why he left the TMO after a lecture at the
> Himilayan Institute where he was speaking. I asked away from the
group
> , not quite private but close... and he said that the movement
didn't
> support him when he was slap suited for $20,000,000 after the JAMA
> article. I don't remember all the details, but it was clear to me
that
> the movement abandoned him when he was representing it. Made him pay
> the legal bills - I wish I could remember the details, but it was a
> long time ago....
>
> JohnY

Chopra was not sued over JAMA, but Chopra did sue a tabloid for $35
mil:

http://religiousmovements.lib.virginia.edu/nrms/Chopra.html
(III Issues and Controversies)

A lady did list Chopra in her lawsuit against MAPI, but later dropped
him:

http://www.trancenet.org/law/index.shtml#flint

Chopra sued JAMA for $194 mil:
http://www.trancenet.org/chopra/