--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "george" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > scienceofabundance wrote:
> >
> > MMY very angry with UK - let it go down the tubes...
>
> i dont really get why...do the Brit TMers even
> understand why??
> (IOW, is there a reasonable reason, or just M's whim,
> or what? "Election results" seems to be a contrived
> "reason")

MMY has had a thing about the UK for a long time that is quite well
know in Britain, but doesn't make this forum much (although I only
check in with this forum now and again these days).  For example,
Iraq, but also England's involvement in arms sales to either Pakistan
or India (I cannot remember which) who constantly seem to be near
hostilities. General interference in other countries is a big theme
by MMY in the UK. Also, personally, I think that his Indian heritage
does add something to this and the history of England in India.

> > Some leaders of Skem (pretty high-handed
> > in the past in my opinion) are becoming
> > pretty unglued -
>
> not knowing what goes on there...in what way
> were the formerly-well-glued leaders
> "high-handed"?
>
>Much the same as in the US actually, but there is much more of a
class system in the UK - a perception by many people that upper-class
birth was necessary to get to a position of authority, "regular"
people were expected to follow instructions.  I did not say they were
well-glued in the past, they had the power and now that they don't,
(some) are becoming unglued... how much, time will tell.