--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Premanand Paul Mason"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The fee or donation for being given a mantra and guidance were
> introduced in the US. So far as I've noticed there is always a
> presumption that it is okay to charge amongst those on FFL.
> But there is another view that sees it as iniquitous to levy a fee for
> something that is essentially spiritual. For all the talk about
> going 'independent', there is seemingly still a great attachment to
> making money out of the teaching.
> It seems that this has been the dilemma right from the start of
> the 'movement'. Now the movement is imploding perhaps it is a good time
> to not repeat the same strokes.

Yes. I have had similar thoughts. In another post today I suggested
$100-200 fee to cover expenses -- a nice center, a pt clerical
staffer, etc. But the proposal implied no salaries.

To me it just doesn't feel right to take money for teaching. Some
groups, like Art of Living I beleive, the teachers don't take any funds.

Its a nice model that all teachers should be sucessful enough to earn
a decent living and be established in society. That would have
eliminated a lot of the crazies hanging around centers in the 70's.

And not living off teaching, eliminates a lot of the center politics
-- and crude "positioning" used by teachers to get more initiations.
Teaching should be all about joy, not making an extra commission off
some seeker.