--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "uns_tressor"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > What a wonderful point. After pointing out repeatedly the
Vipassana
> > idea of teaching meditation in strict 10 day courses--
essentially
> > starting out in a long residence course--and then only charging
> > donation, it is surprising that not one person responded.
Everyone
> > wants to make a buck.
> >
> > If people notice that it is being done as world-service, they
would
> > begin to allow teachers to use facilities for free.
> >

> > On May 28, 2005, at 9:15 AM, Premanand Paul Mason wrote:
> >
> > > But there is another view that sees it as iniquitous to levy a
fee
> > > for something that is essentially spiritual. For all the talk
about
> > > going 'independent', there is seemingly still a great
attachment to
> > > making money out of the teaching....
>
> ... but rent, gas, salaries, electricity has to be paid for. One
> must be practical if teaching is to be an activity more than a
> part time hobby supported by a day job.
> Uns.

I never really understand why it would be unacceptable to charge
money for spiritual instruction? Money is just converted energy,
payment is just trading your energy for some other energy. We pay
for everything through barter, effort, time, money, guilt, whatever.
How can it be avoided?

Rick Carlstrom