I'm not sure what you are driving at, but it is pretty
obvious that
if someone breaks off, becomes "independent" and
discharges
Maharishis wish to charge 2500$ for instruction, the
he/she is
deliberately going against the will of the source of
the teaching.
Some fine threads between Maharishi and the initiator
is then broken.

Lup-Where did you ever get the idea that Maharishi
is the source of this teaching?
For that matter ,  when was $2500 ever charged by Guru
Dev or the other teachers of the Holy Tradition?
WhenMMY came out in he 50's wasnt the charge 50 cents?
When i started in 1972 it was $35. It has become a
business. Innocence has been lost.
Just the name Transcendental Meditation is as
ridiculous a claim as Kundalini Yoga. As if someone
cant experience the rising of kundalini without doing
some businessmans pranayam. Or if he does , does that
mean he has to pay a fee for experiencing kundalini
because Kundalini Yoga is trademarked.?
 People have been transcending without using TM
mantras for thousands of years.
The purity of the teaching is such a bullshit line. It
is a way to maintain business.  Its a way to maintain
control. Fear baby, fear!!!
Do the puja, give them Gods name and have them repeat
it. End of story. Check up one them once in a while
and know their own karma guides them.

You dont still believe in meaningless sounds do you?
Or are you worried if you told the truth you would
break some "fine threads" between you and MMY.
Read my lips. MANTRAS ARE NOT MEANINGLESS SOUNDS.
Read the Gita. Chapter 8. Krishna gives the technique
for God Realization at hte time of death.
Of course MMY never published the last 12 chapters.
Curious HuH?
Concentrate your gaze between the eyebrows and
meditate on Gods name.

Good luck to all true seekers and lovers of truth.
steve