Bill wrote:
  The soul is a pure reflection of God called the Jivatma, when in the
beginning when it was tempted by Lucifer (maya/avidya) in the Garden
of Eden (pure innocence) it was warned not to eat of the tree of
knowledge of Good and evil or surely it would die (be subject to the wheel of
samasara/reincarnat ion). Because it disobeyed and identified itself
with material creation (i.e. the flesh) it became trapped due to
attachment, the product of this identification is the 'ego' or the
pseudo-soul.

  Bronte writes:
  I would say the creation went awry NOT when the soul identified with material
creation (which it was supposed to do) but when it forgot that it was the
Infinite. We can involve ourselves in matter all we like as long as we maintain
our cosmic connection.
  Enlightenment means remembering that connection. But if you add to the
meaning of enlightenment that you have to disidentify with your soul, you have
subverted the purpose of creation. Because being so disidentified, you will
never be a dynamic creator, only a passive observer. You'll "watch" your
"body/mind" or "meat robot" rather than BE your brilliant individuality.

photos & more.