"It is indeed. Also frustrating because so many people
seem to have theirs skewed toward one end of the
spectrum or the other."

My skew is obvious, but posting here reminds me of my bias and that
helps me stay conscious of it.  I went from desiring unbounded
awareness to just staying conscious of my cognitive limits!

That said I also react to people who claim to "know" things certainly
beyond just asserting their beliefs and reasons.  As a natural
advocate of my beliefs I have to keep an eye on myself as well!